What is Pilates & Why should I take a class?
Once called “the best kept secret of the chic, rich, famous and beautiful,” Pilates is now a household name.
Each exercise in Pilates is designed to make the maximum use of your time by targeting the deep postural muscles of the body, building strength from the inside out and re-balancing your muscles.
Pilates moves attack the roots of bad posture and are also designed to work the muscles of the whole body (abdominals, lower back, thighs, buttocks, calves, arms, shoulders) and to gently lengthen and strengthen them. The result is a body that is properly aligned and at less risk of injury.
It is a no- impact class suitable for men and women of ages, levels and abilities, is a good way to relax and unwind and is also weight-bearing exercise so helps to prevent osteoporosis.
Pilates is challenging yet safe exercise class that promotes a balanced body, a longer, leaner, toned shape, superb posture, a flat stomach, a strong back and increased mobility and flexibility. It also increases strength and endurance, improves balance and co-ordination, all without producing over developed or bulky muscles.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
- It helps to prevent injury and promotes healing of injury .
- It lengthens and tones muscle
- It helps to increase flexibility & joint mobility
- It helps to improve posture & body alignment
- It improves mental concentration
- It reduces stress and increases energy levels
- It helps to build core strength & stability
- It focuses the mind on quality rather than quantity of movements
- It balances the body with stretch and strength work in each session.
- It promotes relaxation with a workout that is functional, flowing and fun!
Please like the Pilates Cwmbran Facebook page for more info!